Social Security Checks coming next week – Be sure maintain social distancing
Message from Community Advocate:
Please be aware that next week is the first of the month when senior citizens receive them social security checks. They will be at greater vulnerability and risk for theft, stress and health. This is when they flock to banks and grocery stores.
Acknowledge these facts and plan.
Ask grocery stores to consider changing seniors shopping time and banking times.
In keeping with Mayor Garcetti’s directive issued, entitled COVID-19 City Guidelines, all Neighborhood Council (NC) Board, Committee, Alliance, and Liaison meetings, as well as all other NC-related events – are suspended up to and including March 31, 2020.
News & Information
- COVID-19 NEWS
- FEED FOLKS – WEST ADAMS
- 2020 USC GOOD NEIGHBORS COVID-19 GRANT
- Affordable Housing – Accepting Applications
- LA Urban League: WEBINAR COLLEGE & COVID 4/22
- TIME-SENSITIVE: U.S. CHAMBER’S SAVE SMALL BUSINESS FUND
- EMERGENCY SENIOR MEALS RESPONSE
- Mayor Eric Garcetti announced – Emergency Senior Meals Response Program
- COVID-19 DATA: Daily data summary
- Update: COVID-19 Testing Information
Latest Tweets of LA MayorMy Tweets
Latest LA Public Health TweetsMy Tweets
Latest Tweets of CA GovernorMy Tweets