Neighborhood Purpose Grant Funding
NOTE: The application period is now closed for Neighborhood Purpose Grant Funding.
Applications for Neighborhood Purpose Grants – Timeline for 2017/2018
posted Nov 20, 2017, 10:14 AM by Leslie Graham
The West Adams Neighborhood Council is pleased to announce the availability of funding for community improvement projects and neighborhood purpose grants to be undertaken within its boundaries.
In implementing this process, WANC hopes to evaluate the merit of submitted proposals side-by-side and be able to support a strong mix of complementary and beneficial projects and programs. Partnerships and collaborations between community organizations are encouraged. Approximately $17,000 is available for distribution this fiscal year; most grants will be made in the $750-$2,500 range. Applicants requesting more than $4,999 will be rejected.
>Funding is intended to support neighborhood-based, direct service and social action initiatives taking place between February 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018. Funds may only be used for project costs incurred by the community partner, such as materials, supplies and services. (Salaries and payment to individuals for services cannot be compensated.) Projects will only be considered if they benefit programs and services taking place within WANC boundaries.
WANC’s board recommends that interested nonprofits and schools attend the November or December monthly meeting to briefly introduce your organization’s interest (Two minutes are budgeted for public comments and announcements). Meetings are scheduled at 6:30 pm every 3rd Monday of the month at the Vineyard Recreation Center.
To assure timely consideration of your proposal, please submit your Neighborhood Purpose Grant application with required materials NO LATER than January 8, 2018 to WANC@empowerla.org.
Additional questions, please contact an executive committee member: Steven Meeks, Elbert Preston, Leslie Graham or Dianne Hackett.
- LA DAPA ARUS Motion
- Join this press conference if you can – and share your narrative during the public comment time! L.A. DAPA is inviting the community stakeholders to the upcoming press event in regards to LA City Council File 17-0117, ARUS Motion. The ARUS Motion is an opt-in planning and land use tool that protects “vulnerable communities” that are faced with the over-concentration of alcohol retailers and can potentially give the community the power to decide the type of businesses they want in their communities.
- Ybarra Village Application
- Map of LA
- Crenshaw Villas Lease Rates
- CERT Training
- Vision Zero: Fairfax to Crenshaw
- Cochran Ave; Adams to Jefferson Department of Sanitation Construction
- LA Sanitation/Environment
- Crenshaw Crossing / Ross Group Hiring Event
- CERT Training @ West Angeles Church
WEST ANGELES CHURCH, 3045 Crenshaw Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016.
- Free Spay/Neuter Services for Cats during April 2019
- West Adams Weekend @ LACMA 3/30-4/1
- La Ballona Creek Community Event 4/13
- Seats are limited – reserve yours via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for LAFD CERT Program May 15-June 26, 2019
- Development Map
- Rancho Cienega Sports Complex
- WANC LA Times Community Profile
- West Adams Developments
- Developments on West Adams Blvd
5109-5113 West Adams.
- STEADI, Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths, & Injuries
- L.A. County Supervisor to Approve Pedestrian Bridge for Park to Playa Project